Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adopted children

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Adopted children Empty
PostSubject: Adopted children   Adopted children Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 4:01 am

Do you believe that adopted children should have access to information about their biological parents? (Why/Why Not)
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

Adopted children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopted children   Adopted children Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 5:27 am

Yes. Maybe except when they're mass murderers or something, but I feel sorry for these kids and biological parents if they can't meet.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Adopted children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopted children   Adopted children Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2023 6:51 am

I'm sure there are biological parents that don't want to know their offspring. Or have any responsibility at a relationship with them. Maybe those parents have been able to start a new life and now have families and don't want an intruder to uproot their lives.

There could be some sort of sealed documents that both parents and children can put in their information and if there is a match, and they both want the information then it would be available. I'm not sure how that would be done.

A Safe-Haven box was just used the other day not too far from where I live. It makes the news around here, but I was surprised it was the second time it was used at the same fire station since it was installed.

Seven babies have been surrendered via the baby box in Indiana so far this year, and 37 have been placed in a baby box nationwide since 2017.
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

Adopted children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopted children   Adopted children Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 7:23 am

I think that medical information should be available.
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

Adopted children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopted children   Adopted children Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 9:44 am

I do think it's a moral right to know who your parents are.
I would also further say one has right to know if they have siblings or perhaps even half-sibling.

It's obviously biological parents' right to refuse any kind of contact, but child should still know who they are and that this is the case.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Adopted children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopted children   Adopted children Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adopted children
Page 1 of 1