Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Churches & Taxes

Go down 
+2
Kaunisto
Jazzy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 4:37 am

Should churches (including mosques, synagogues, etc.) remain tax-exempt? (Why/Why Not)
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 5:48 am

To some extent, depends on how the organization functions.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 8:01 am

I agree, to some extent. It would be tough to monitor them as I’m sure there would be unscrupulous money changers in the church trying to avoid paying tax and trying to use the gray areas to not pay. However, as a regular contributor to churches for them to continue their good will, my money would essentially be double taxed. Would food pantries and money they collect to provide services and shelter be taxed?

Lämmchen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 9:53 am

The majority of true good churches aren't in it for the money. They are there to preach the Gospel, and serve God and help mankind. I'm not sure why that should get taxed.

Vince likes this post

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 2:30 pm

Depends. If it's a big money church let them pay taxes, but it's annoying that in my country you have to pay taxes, cause we had a tiny church andmy ex made 700 a month and then yay june everyone gets holiday day money 8 percent and he could immediately pay that as taxes. It just makes people quit.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 5:51 pm

Churches?

Minor league stuff.

This list is several years old, but very little has changed.

Go check it out, especially the numbers associated with the top three, then get back to me.

https://listverse.com/2014/12/16/10-of-the-richest-tax-exempt-organizations/
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/

Sponsored content

Churches & Taxes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Churches & Taxes    Churches & Taxes  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Churches & Taxes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gabfest :: Debate Corner-
Jump to: