Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lowers the home value

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Lowers the home value Empty
PostSubject: Lowers the home value   Lowers the home value Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 4:17 am

What kind of improvements should one never do to the house because it brings the value of house down?
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Lowers the home value   Lowers the home value Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 4:44 am

Don’t convert garages to living space. Potential buyers will be calculating how much to revert it back a garage. They will then start thinking about how to replace the lost space. Then their thoughts will simply decide it is too expensive to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Lowers the home value   Lowers the home value Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 7:20 am

Jazzy wrote:
Don’t convert garages to living space. Potential buyers will be calculating how much to revert it back a garage. They will then start thinking about how to replace the lost space. Then their thoughts will simply decide it is too expensive to do anything.

When I first saw the thread, I couldn't think of anything, but that's a really good point to bring up. Unless an entirely new garage is built along with the conversion of the old garage into house space, I wouldn't want to give up a garage. I enjoy parking inside and being able to take my groceries inside without having to be subjected to the elements outside. At my previous house, I slipped on the ice one too many times and it was awful.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Lowers the home value   Lowers the home value Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 12:55 pm

Paint the walls brown. We had that in the 70s. When my parents sold the house we had to paint it all white.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowers the home value   Lowers the home value Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lowers the home value
Page 1 of 1