Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When celebrities ask for money

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

When celebrities ask for money Empty
PostSubject: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 7:41 am

Do you think it's okay for celebrities, who make millions, to ask for money such as with fundraisers for themselves or like GoFundMe?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 8:31 am

I don't care, but I won't give em a cent.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 4:22 am

Every now and then, I see a celebrity setting up a GoFundMe or asking fans to donate money towards a cause. I just find that extremely tacky. Like why the hell do you ask people who are middle class and low income for money when you can easily fund that cause completely yourself without any problem?

It just doesn’t make sense to expect money from people who probably live check by check while you as a celebrity make millions on a yearly basis. You can donate all on your own if you really wanted to. No need to beg or ask people for anything.

Lämmchen and Messy like this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 5:14 am

The exception to what Miss Lady said would be if the celebrity said up front that they'd match whatever was donated.

However, I think I've only ever seen one of those.

Lämmchen likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:48 am

I didn't read the article, but I recently saw a article title of a celebrity asking for money for his kid's sport. They could easily pay for it all, so why ask?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 8:01 am

Lämmchen wrote:
I didn't read the article, but I recently saw a article title of a celebrity asking for money for his kid's sport. They could easily pay for it all, so why ask?
No way. Little Timmy wants to play soccer. Please fund him. He also needs shoes. I can't use my millions for it cause I have to swim in them like Scrooge McDuck.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When celebrities ask for money   When celebrities ask for money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When celebrities ask for money
Page 1 of 1