Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Universal Basic Income (UBI)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Universal Basic Income (UBI) Empty
PostSubject: Universal Basic Income (UBI)   Universal Basic Income (UBI) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 3:44 am

Do you believe in the concept of Universal Basic Income (UBI), and how do you think it would impact society positively or negatively?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Universal Basic Income (UBI)   Universal Basic Income (UBI) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 7:41 am

We already have that but more complicated. If you do nothing and have kids you get around 1800 a month. If you work you get the same or more but then you pay more rent for the same or less. As a result everyone gets lazy. Me too. I work 3 days a week. I could easily work a day extra, but then the govt steals it cause my ex hasno job, so why on earth should I? I'm rather lazy than tired. They warned us for communism in school. No then nobody wants to work if you do that. Which you see now but they don't care. It also doesnt matter if you study or not. Study and you get 2000 for part time work. Don't study and you get way less for working in the grocery store, but then you get extra from the govt so they get the same amount. And now they want mothers to work full timeand the mothers say: bye bye we are glad that we were not so stupid to fall for full feminism with a full time job. We rather sit on our lazy ass. We refuse to work fulltime, never see our kids and pay taxes so someone else can go chill with their kid and get paid for it. Nope.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: Universal Basic Income (UBI)   Universal Basic Income (UBI) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 10:20 am

So let me get my head around the concept.

I don't want to work, I'm perfectly healthy, but lazy. I'd rather lay up on the couch and watch TV all day while you're out doing whatever it is to earn a paycheck.

And then Uncle comes in and takes 10% of your check, and 10% of somebody else's, and so on, to send me so I can go out and buy more Doritos.

Sure.

I'm good with that.

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Universal Basic Income (UBI)   Universal Basic Income (UBI) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 10:47 am

DrLeftover wrote:
So let me get my head around the concept.

I don't want to work, I'm perfectly healthy, but lazy. I'd rather lay up on the couch and watch TV all day while you're out doing whatever it is to earn a paycheck.

And then Uncle comes in and takes 10% of your check, and 10% of somebody else's, and so on, to send me so I can go out and buy more Doritos.

Sure.

I'm good with that.
When I was 8 months pregnant from the eldest I was so angry. I had to take the bus and train to work 3hours a day, 4 days a week, lot of stress work and then you came to church on sunday and 3 lazy guys didn't feel like working for years, but simply got govt money and one a big govt house and they were discussing with each other which fun things they were gonna do this week. Shall we go fishing or no maybe watch that movie or go to another place. Hmmmm.
Oh yes and there was never enough space in the train. You always had to stand in the middle part, crammed with others like in China or sit on the stairs.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal Basic Income (UBI)   Universal Basic Income (UBI) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal Basic Income (UBI)
Page 1 of 1