Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Bowl LVIII

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 4:35 am

Super Bowl LVIII will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday, February 11, 2024.
--------------------------------
Will you be watching the game?

Which team (Chiefs vs. 49ers) are you hoping wins?
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 8:10 am

I always do - often the only game I watch whole year of the sports.

I first learned about football in Joe Montana era and I never grew out of 49rs.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 12:19 pm

I can't remember the last time I wasn't at a Super Bowl party, but I also can't remember when I actually watched the game. I go for the food and festivities. Sometimes I watch the halftime show and the commercials.

Neither team, I hate Detroit, but I would have watched them if they would have made it.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 5:47 pm

No. I didn't even know who was playing until yesterday.

I don't watch the NFL any more. At all.
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Jazzy
Jazzy

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 4:45 am

DrLeftover wrote:
Why?
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 9:25 am

I'll be watching The Puppy Bowl!

Jazzy and DrLeftover like this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 7:01 pm

Jazzy wrote:
DrLeftover wrote:
Why?

It seems like a lifetime ago when I was covering sports that I spent some time at the Philadelphia Eagles training camp, trying to find something worth writing up with an interesting angle. I think I focused on the rookies who were trying to make the team as versus some of the older veterans who were trying to stay on the team.

About, what? Fifteen or so years ago the entire flavor of the NFL began to change. It had already become a business and the sport was almost secondary, as demonstrated by the player strikes in the eighties. But after the lockout in 2011 (I just looked it up), the entire underlying idea of the league was exposed as simply being to wring as much money out of the fans as absolutely possible. Pricing them out of the "ticket for a seat in the stadium" market and forcing them to sit through the endless commercials on TV.

And then you could look at how many players make more money in ONE MINUTE of game time than you make in an entire year.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 4:09 am

Not into football. I be watching the fur-nomenal world of Puppy Bowl!
Super Bowl LVIII  Puppy-bowl-puppies

DrLeftover likes this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 10:12 am

We watched Puppy Bowl every year when we had cable.

We've tried to watch it since we "cut the cord" but the streaming options for it are unreliable.

Lämmchen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 11:18 am

DrLeftover wrote:
We watched Puppy Bowl every year when we had cable.

We've tried to watch it since we "cut the cord" but the streaming options for it are unreliable.

I think they "sell" it later, but I can't remember now. Maybe YouTube will at least have cilps to watch?
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 4:17 am

@DrLeftover What streaming service has the Puppy Bowl?

Catch the 2024 Puppy Bowl simultaneously on Animal Planet, Discovery, TBS and TruTV starting at 11 a.m. Sunday. The match will also be available to stream on Max and Discovery+
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 6:30 pm

We're planning on looking for it when we finish the church service at the nursing home at about 3 PM.

Also, I'm not alone in thinking that the NFL has sold whatever soul it had.

The Super Bowl in Las Vegas: What Would Hunter S. Thompson Think?
https://dnyuz.com/2024/02/10/the-super-bowl-in-las-vegas-what-would-hunter-s-thompson-think/
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Super Bowl LVIII  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl LVIII    Super Bowl LVIII  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl LVIII
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gabfest :: Sports-
Jump to: