Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Europe really on the brink of war?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Is Europe really on the brink of war? Empty
PostSubject: Is Europe really on the brink of war?   Is Europe really on the brink of war? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:28 am

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said that the time of peace in Europe is over, that we are now living in pre-war times.

Europeans members, what are your thought on this speech? Is Europe really on the brink of war?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Is Europe really on the brink of war?   Is Europe really on the brink of war? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 6:03 am

I thought you were making a joke. The man is called Donald Tusk?
Anyway I hope not and think not cause that will be the end. They have been planning it since 2005 though.
Back to top Go down
Beaky
Beaky

PostSubject: Re: Is Europe really on the brink of war?   Is Europe really on the brink of war? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 7:44 am

its felt like pre war times for a while even before we left the EU its just a matter of time
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: Is Europe really on the brink of war?   Is Europe really on the brink of war? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 11:58 am

Technically there already is going on the biggest conflict in Europe since WWII. It wouldn't take much to expand that.
But rather we're having Cold War II and unlike what is often said, I think cold wars and frozen conflicts don't easily explode to total war.

I see Belarus as possibly even more important key than Ukraine. If there was a risk of Russia losing control over Belarus, Putin could take even more extreme actions than with Ukraine. On the other hand if Russia by makes Belarus part of itself, the Western reaction could be on same scale as if they fully take over Ukraine and install puppet government. I can barely guess how that would go.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Europe really on the brink of war?   Is Europe really on the brink of war? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Europe really on the brink of war?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gabfest :: Politics-
Jump to: