Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident Empty
PostSubject: Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident   Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 4:03 am

Quote :
Ohio has been ravaged by a series of severe storms resulting in a mass casualty incident.

A suspected tornado hit a trailer park in Logan County, Ohio, near Indian Lake, around 70 miles northwest of Columbus, on Thursday night.

Over the course of Thursday evening and Friday morning, tornadoes have been reported in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. The National Weather Service in Wilmington issued several storm warnings over the course of the evening, including a tornado watch that spread across all three states.

Full article with pictures of the damage

So scary. Do you live in an area that gets tornadoes?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident   Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 4:35 am

Yes, we get tornados. There is a tornado siren at the firehouse which is less than a mile away and it will go off at least 6 or 7 times a year for tornado warnings. I think it's tested every Saturday at noon during the warmer months. We just had a statewide test a few days ago and it confused people, there wasn't a big announcement that the state was conducting the test. Interesting, I can hear three different tornado sirens from different towns. So, I know where the tornado is spotted first.
Back to top Go down

Tornado Sparks Mass Casualty Incident
Page 1 of 1