Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Empty
PostSubject: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

Going to see the doctor soon? Prepare to be hounded with appointment reminders by phone. By text. By robocall. By email. And in your online “patient portal.”

Doctors and dentist offices for years left a courtesy voicemail on patients’ home answering machines giving them a heads-up about their appointment. But now, medical practices are flooding patients with reminders of upcoming appointments — and warnings of cancellation penalties.
------------------------------
How do you get reminders of an upcoming doctor appt.?
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 6:29 am

I have opted in to get texts about my appointments and that's all I'll get. The portal has the appointments listed on the side when I first log in, so I don't need any reminders at that point. The texts are good so I know the right time, but also to know which location I need to go to because I go to a lot of different sites for tests and routine things.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 8:17 am

I always get one from the dentist for the kids by mail. A warning that you don't forget it. Else you have to pay. I'm always happy with the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Oldun
Oldun

PostSubject: Re: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 12:27 pm

I get very few messages etc.
Get 1 once a year asking me to upload my Blood Pressures (Have my own machine)
Get 1 every year fixing an appointment for a blood sample
If i have booked an appointment will get a reminder day before usually by text.

Also get text reminder once every 2 months from the pharmacy saying mine & wife's medications are ready to collect.
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 am

I get an email letting me know there's a new portal message. I also receive an automated phone call: Press 1 if you're keeping your appt. or press 2 to cancel your appt.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 9:22 am

I get the same as @Jazzy
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders   Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why your doctor’s office is spamming you with appointment reminders
Page 1 of 1