Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is the most overrated game in your opinion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

What is the most overrated game in your opinion? Empty
PostSubject: What is the most overrated game in your opinion?   What is the most overrated game in your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 4:40 am

And why?
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: What is the most overrated game in your opinion?   What is the most overrated game in your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 8:41 am

Baldur's Gate 1&2. I think their reputation came same way as Final Fantasy VII (another candidate), that they were to many people the first that kind of game they played so they remember them fondly. (OK, I'm guilty of the same with Phantasy Star.) They weren't really that different to earlier D&D games, nor better in various aspects.
The only even 9/10 part was the BG2 expansion Throne of Bhaal, at least they finished the series well. But even the forgotten sister series Icewind Dale was better in total.

Similarly, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1&2. Particularly the first felt very generic, you could've just change names and looks and call Force magic and it might've as well not been a Star Wars game. And I hate RPGs being linear; though the middle half of the games has several parts to play in preferred order, each part is internally pretty linear, as are beginning and end of games.

Western RPGs aren't my favorite genre, so I'm biased. But for example of Fallout 1&2 (of same era and genre) I can see why people appreciate those, even if I didn't hugely enjoy myself.
Back to top Go down
Beaky
Beaky

PostSubject: Re: What is the most overrated game in your opinion?   What is the most overrated game in your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 7:44 am

fortnite - i have tried it many times and just cant get in to it its more of the same each season just changing parts of the map to look fresh for me its boring lego fortnite is fun though
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most overrated game in your opinion?   What is the most overrated game in your opinion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most overrated game in your opinion?
Page 1 of 1