Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you stay to eat?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Would you stay to eat? Empty
PostSubject: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 am

What would you do if you were invited to dinner at a friend's home but when you got there, their home was filthy? Would you stay to eat?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

Yes. Hopefully there's no cat hair in your cup. I lived in a student house that was a total pigs den. Mice just ate the stuff in the cupboards. I never got sick. Food was fine. We did throw that away though.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

Once we visited 2 women from church, an Indonesian mother and daughter. The old mother only spoke Maleis. She lived like she was used in Indonesia. The house was tidy, but tidiness or mess says nothing about the food. She kept pushing. Eat eat. Makan makan. But my ex is half Indonesian and born here and he said: Don't eat it because she left the meat outside of the fridge, like they do in Indonesia. I saw a movie lately from a monkey buying meat at the market, just on a piece of wood, the other girl sits on it, in the heat. They must have a strong stomach.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 10:36 am

I guess it depends on how filthy it is. It's a tough call for me. I have a friend that made the most delicious pumpkin rolls, and I love them. But for some reason I had to go to their house and when I went in, it was filthy with 4. or 5 dogs running around and smelled bad, it was just gross. That was about 10 years ago. And I haven't since eaten one of her pumpkin rolls.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 2:50 pm

I think you have to watch out if you eat meat. I actually never cared, but I mostly eat vegetarian. What can go wrong? But if they are filthy and handle meat that's dangerous. A lot of people got sick in a hotel inGreece I went to, but I had no problems. I didnt eat meat.
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 4:20 am

I would make an excuse to leave before I'd eat somewhere it's filthy. You wouldn't eat in a filthy restaurant, would you?

Vince and Messy like this post

Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 8:59 am

Jazzy wrote:
I would make an excuse to leave before I'd eat somewhere it's filthy. You wouldn't eat in a filthy restaurant, would you?

I'd probably apologize and say that I couldn't stay, but I wouldn't call them out for the house being filthy. You never know what they're going through at that time in their life.

Now if it was just clothing lying around, I'd probably actually stay.

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 am

Jazzy wrote:
What is filthy? A filthy or locked away kitchen yes leave, but I go to a KFC where the tables are filthy, because to save a cent you have to clean up the mess from the ones before you. The food is good though and not prepared in filth, so who cares.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you stay to eat?   Would you stay to eat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you stay to eat?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gabfest :: Food & Drink-
Jump to: