Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you organize your book collection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

How do you organize your book collection Empty
PostSubject: How do you organize your book collection   How do you organize your book collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 5:09 am

How do you organize your book collection and keep track of all the books you own?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: How do you organize your book collection   How do you organize your book collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:44 am

By religion, political commentary, biography, fiction, etc.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: How do you organize your book collection   How do you organize your book collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 8:32 am

I have done it a few times on color/painting and number with Donald Duck pockets, but they so often turn it into a mess, I'm like whatever.
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: How do you organize your book collection   How do you organize your book collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 8:53 am

For me the issue is more with games or DVDs (not to mention my comics) than books, having only couple dozen that are particularly mine.

I've always created rather elaborate ways to organize these by subject, genre, maker/publisher, how highly I personally value them, what I still haven't played/watched/read...
And with PC games there's the additional problem of some being old boxes of various sizes and most DVD cases.
Comics, while largest by volume and numbers, are the generally the easiest to organize, large part of them consisting of certain magazines.
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: How do you organize your book collection   How do you organize your book collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 4:23 am

Alphabetical based on authors last name. Then within each author's "section" I do all the series first, then standalone books in alphabetical order after.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you organize your book collection   How do you organize your book collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you organize your book collection
Page 1 of 1