Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is NFC and how do I turn it off?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

What is NFC and how do I turn it off? Empty
PostSubject: What is NFC and how do I turn it off?   What is NFC and how do I turn it off? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 3:35 am

Quote :
NFC is a technology that uses radio waves to wirelessly transfer data over short distances.

Its primary use on smartphones is for contactless payments, whether it’s Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.

However, NFC can also be used to quickly share files between devices or use NFC-enabled accessories. Modern passports also support NFC, allowing you to provide extra verification from your phone.

That doesn’t mean you’ll want to keep NFC enabled all the time, though. Being able to pay for anything with a quick tap can be a security risk, while it can sometimes negatively impact battery life.

Click--> How do I turn it off?

Do you have NFC enabled on your device?
Back to top Go down
Oldun
Oldun

PostSubject: Re: What is NFC and how do I turn it off?   What is NFC and how do I turn it off? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 5:12 am

I have my Debit Card on NFC but don't keep NFC switched on.It takes about 2 secs to switch it on and off.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: What is NFC and how do I turn it off?   What is NFC and how do I turn it off? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 am

Never used it.

My phone doesn't even know I have a debit card.
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: What is NFC and how do I turn it off?   What is NFC and how do I turn it off? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 7:03 pm

I did some checking.

On the version of Android I have it is called "Nearby Share".

Essentially the same thing.... and on mine, it's been turned off since I got the phone.
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is NFC and how do I turn it off?   What is NFC and how do I turn it off? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is NFC and how do I turn it off?
Page 1 of 1