Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mom's Cooking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Mom's Cooking Empty
PostSubject: Mom's Cooking   Mom's Cooking Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 3:45 am

What unique dish did your mom make when you were a child?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

Mom's Cooking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mom's Cooking   Mom's Cooking Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 6:15 am

Dutch cuisine. Cooked potatoes, pees, "gravy' without fat from a package and a baked piece of cheese with bread crumbs instead of a slice of bread with brown beans (just made warm from a can, no herbs or anything) or tofu. Oh no wait once with Christmas she made something really special. Filled mushrooms. No idea what was in them. Never tasted them as good as then again.
Her sister taught her how to cook. Her sister was the oldest of 9 kids and had to play mother, so when they whined that the food was no good she said: Eat it! The goats eat it too!
I remember that my mom once asked my sister and me what we wanted to eat and we both yelled enthusiastically: pees! The alternative was endive, beetroots, whatever vegetable. Eat it. If you dont like it throw apple sauce on it and keep your nose shut from the inside. I was really lucky to be raised vegetarian. My friend, that poor girl also had to eat what the pot gave you, everyone did, and she had to eat all these disgusting types of meat, so lol she decided to become vegetarian too. Her mother hated me. Now she couldn't force her anymore and had to make something else for her.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

Mom's Cooking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mom's Cooking   Mom's Cooking Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 7:33 am

Now I have that song in my head.
Your cooking is okay but not like mother makes. The diamond in the ring I bought you is a fake.

Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Mom's Cooking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mom's Cooking   Mom's Cooking Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 11:53 am

My mom was a great cook, all her meals were delicious and some very unique. She made delicious shrimp cakes, like crab cakes but with shrimp. She also made me chocolate oatmeal pudding for breakfast. I didn't like oatmeal when I was young, so I learned she was sneaking it into me by adding chocolate and blending it. It was like chocolate pudding!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Mom's Cooking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mom's Cooking   Mom's Cooking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mom's Cooking
Page 1 of 1