Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avoid Ticks While Hiking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Avoid Ticks While Hiking Empty
PostSubject: Avoid Ticks While Hiking   Avoid Ticks While Hiking Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 am

Most ticks are active from April to September, which is the busiest time of year for outdoor enthusiasts to go hiking, camping, and backpacking. However, you don’t need to go deep into the backcountry to get bitten by a tick – it can happen in your backyard!

Regardless of how much time you spend outside, it’s important to know the basics of tick prevention so you don’t contract a disease. The good news is that knowing how to prevent tick bites and what to do if you find a tick on you is pretty simple and straightforward.

Read more with pics of ticks

Ever get bitten by a tick?
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Ticks While Hiking   Avoid Ticks While Hiking Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 am

I've had ticks crawling on me after my hike and it's a creepy feeling. I use spray and am careful, but they drop off leaves of nearby bushes, so it's hard to avoid. I've had them on my head while on the trail that's dirt, so I know they're dropping.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Ticks While Hiking   Avoid Ticks While Hiking Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 am

Eeeeeeeewww I had one once after I plucked rabbit food but it was all very high. My son saw it when we went swimming. It was very tiny. He has a good eye for detail. Is that a mole? Yeah wait no. Could easily get it out with a thing and he was still alive so I drowned him in the other thing, not in the swimming pool.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Ticks While Hiking   Avoid Ticks While Hiking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avoid Ticks While Hiking
Page 1 of 1