Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stellar Blade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Stellar Blade Empty
PostSubject: Stellar Blade   Stellar Blade Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 am

The latest PS5 exclusive has caused great controversy because of the way its female characters look but what is the game itself like?

Find out here

Thoughts about its female characters?
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

Stellar Blade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Blade   Stellar Blade Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

A further controversy from the other side is about how publishers loudly declared the game would be completely uncensored, immediately followed by what is technically censorship, if minor.

I watched a streamer play and while I'm not particularly qualified to evaluate, practically never having played this type of games (console hack'n'slash), this didn't appear to me as interesting or good in gameplay as (the recent) God of War or Souls games.

The talk about main characters look - and women in games generally - got really absurd, as happens with all moral panic and even more so online. And it's pretty damn insulting.
One headline about this game was something along the lines that "the game is teen boy's dream", followed by typical cancel talk. As if dreams of teen boys are the most terrible evil in the world. And also suggesting they and gamers in general think and care of nothing but getting to stare a gyatt.
After spreading this kind of sexist attitude to public, they wonder where toxic masculinity develops from. Must be those video games and movies.

I don't think Stellar Blade is going to be huge hit, I don't see the gameplay there. (Though I did watch it played by someone who didn't know what they were doing. But that'd also be my perspective.) On the other hand, all this fuss has given it so much free advertisement that I'm sure they're not losing money either.
Back to top Go down

Stellar Blade
Page 1 of 1