Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The shortest video game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

The shortest video game  Empty
PostSubject: The shortest video game    The shortest video game  Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2024 3:33 am

What's the shortest video game you played?
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

The shortest video game  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shortest video game    The shortest video game  Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2024 12:22 pm

Lots of room for interpretation, on what counts as a game and how do you count the length. Also there's the issue of do we count by how long I played it or by theoretical minimum length (as speedrun).

Snail Maze is about 10 minutes in total content and it's an officially published game. However it was never sold separately, only included as sort of free bonus, so you could argue it doesn't count.

I don't remember how long Master System version of Rampage is, maybe hour and half.
The biggest tournament mode of Slap Shot is only three games long, making it hour of playtime plus breaks and menus.

In some games there's no major long mode and although default settings could be considered standard, it's almost equal to argue that any available game format counts as playing that game.
If we accept everything possible, in little shareware game Slicks'n'Slide I could have a single lap race under 5 seconds. (I don't think I've ever actually done that, but two lap race under 10 seconds for sure.)

Of course, if we count the length from Game Over with out demand to finish the game, you can die in less than second. Though it'd be difficult to think a game where that is true while also you only have one life. But I'm sure there must be something such I've played at least once.
Back to top Go down

The shortest video game
Page 1 of 1