Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

63 year old Bishop defending marriage to teen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

63 year old Bishop defending marriage to teen Empty
PostSubject: 63 year old Bishop defending marriage to teen   63 year old Bishop defending marriage to teen Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2024 3:11 am

Footage of a 63-year-old Bishop attempting to defend his marriage to a 19-year-old congregant has gone viral two years after the couple first made headlines in their home state of Iowa.

In the footage shared by several platforms, Bishop Dwight Reed, 63, is seen standing in the pulpit while addressing anyone who attended church that morning with the intention of starting some mess over his wife, Jordan Goodlett, who was 19 when she wed the church leader, as per The Des Moines Register.

“And I wish some of ya’ll would mess with my wife, Jordan. Talking about, ‘what you gonna do if you see her?’ Well, you will see me on the news!” Reed proclaimed. “You better walk by and say ‘praise the lord!’ that’s what you better do, because that’s my wife! And she grown! She didn’t need nobody to sign no paperwork for her. If this was out in the streets, ya’ll would be saying she made a come-up, but you a hypocrite.”

Read more

Reed told the congregation he'd be taking Goodlett under his wing for special attention as she was struggling with the impending divorce of her parents. They also said that she spent time in his home and on outings with him from about age 16 and that he bought her a car as a graduation gift. Sounds like grooming of a child, he was the Dean of the Church's school. 3 marriages, he's got a poor track record.

Do you see anything wrong with this marriage?
Back to top Go down

63 year old Bishop defending marriage to teen
Page 1 of 1