Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer Empty
PostSubject: Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer   Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 4:19 am

In summer and hotter months, your ceiling fan blades should rotate counterclockwise. When fan blades turn counterclockwise, they push cooler air down in a column. This creates a “wind chill” effect. To maximize this effect, run your fan at its highest speed.

A high-speed, counterclockwise ceiling fan direction can let you increase your thermostat 4 degrees and still be comfortable. Using a counterclockwise ceiling fan direction can reduce your energy costs up to 30 percent. Most times you can change a ceiling fan’s direction to counterclockwise by flipping a switch on its motor.

Tip: Stand directly under the fan and look up. If the fan is moving counterclockwise, you’ll feel a rush of air.
-------------------------------
Do you switch your ceiling fan direction?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer   Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 11:24 am

Yes, I switch all the fans in the house depending on the season. They are all currently running counterclockwise. Most of my fans run 24/7.
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer   Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 3:43 am

Yes, I have switched all my ceiling fans counterclockwise for the summer.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer   Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ceiling Fan Direction in Summer
Page 1 of 1