Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Olympic Break-Dancing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Olympic Break-Dancing  Empty
PostSubject: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 4:58 am

Olympic Break-Dancing Is Making Its First Appearance at the Paris Games

Do you consider break-dancing a sport? (Why/Why Not)
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 12:16 pm

I've never been happy about even gymnastics as Olympic sport.

Vince likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 5:43 pm

My deal is that I would want Olympic sports that began as a life task. Cross country running, some swimming events, lifting, archery, boxing, wrestling and other martial arts. I'd even accept kayaking, sailing, and shooting. But break dancing, badminton, tennis and skateboarding what do they have to do with living and putting food on the table or getting a message somewhere quickly or winning a war.

I can't wait for hotdog eating, wife carrying, and hobbyhorsing to be included.  Rolling Eyes

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 3:23 am

Jazzy wrote:
Olympic Break-Dancing Is Making Its First Appearance at the Paris Games

Do you consider break-dancing a sport? (Why/Why Not)

No. It's a dance. Olympics is for sports. Calling break dancing a sport, ignores the dancing aspect of break dancing.
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 8:34 am

Vince wrote:
My deal is that I would want Olympic sports that began as a life task. Cross country running, some swimming events, lifting, archery, boxing, wrestling and other martial arts. I'd even accept kayaking, sailing, and shooting. But break dancing, badminton, tennis and skateboarding what do they have to do with living and putting food on the table or getting a message somewhere quickly or winning a war.
I don't mind games being included, tennis, basketball etc. Even golf.
I just want Olympics to be sports that have reasonably clear rules and definable scores, not things that are entirely up to the interpretation of judges.
Quote :
I can't wait for hotdog eating, wife carrying, and hobbyhorsing to be included.  Rolling Eyes
Not that I disagree, but I'm still bit offended that you name two sports of Finnish origin in this context tongue

Vince likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 2:40 pm

Kaunisto wrote:
I just want Olympics to be sports that have reasonably clear rules and definable scores, not things that are entirely up to the interpretation of judges.

I couldn't agree more. However, that would include many other Olympic sports since they all have ruling committees, judges and referees. Even the outcome of Olympic boxing is almost always determined by judges. The Olympic Games often exude a strong sense of nationalism, which can sometimes influence the perceived fairness in the awarding of medals and the determination of winners.

But I will still watch the double pike summer sault quad twist and soft landing, Clap and at any given moment break out into a cheer for the winner.  cheers
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Break-Dancing    Olympic Break-Dancing  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympic Break-Dancing
Page 1 of 1