Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What’s your favorite gaming term?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

What’s your favorite gaming term? Empty
PostSubject: What’s your favorite gaming term?   What’s your favorite gaming term? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

What’s your favorite gaming term? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What’s your favorite gaming term?   What’s your favorite gaming term? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 6:30 pm

I have to go with couple I came up on my own back in the early days of my gaming, originating to two of my favorite games.

"running around in woods" (the actual Finnish phrase is more poetic, I'd say): grinding in RPGs, killing random encounters for XP/money; first used for Phantasy Star 1

"hunting"/"Krant fighting": from my absolute favorite Wing Commander 1, two basic types of dogfight in variety of flight sims (and applicable also to some other games); "hunting" means going after enemies and taking them out one by one, "Krant fighting" (named after enemy fighter in WC1) is turning quickly to deal one enemy after another, trying to damage all little by little while keeping in wild motion to avoid them getting too bad hits on me.
The choice between the two styles depends on agility of enemies and their number.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1