Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great game you'll never play again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

Great game you'll never play again Empty
PostSubject: Great game you'll never play again   Great game you'll never play again Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 9:08 am

What are some awesome games that you'll likely play only once? (At least 100%.)
Whether the nature of the game makes it pointless to replay or it was such an effort, in length or difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: Great game you'll never play again   Great game you'll never play again Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2023 8:40 am

In Ridge Racer Type 4 it took me years grinding to unlock all cars. So much of that is pointless grinding that I'm not doing it again.
But that is a game I do play in some lesser form now and then.

There are other driving games - Xpand Rally, RalliSport Challenge - of which can be said the same.

Betrayal at Krondor is a classic, but I'm not sure I'd consider it particularly great game. It has remarkable qualities, but it was so rough that that's never happening again.

There are many other RPGs that I likely never get into again. Dragon Quest 6 and Final Fantasy 3 (the actual 3, not the SNes 6 called 3 in the west) are probable candidates.

I generally think about all good games that I want to play it again some day. It's the 50+ hours long ones that are tough call to start again when I have so many new things to play.
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Great game you'll never play again   Great game you'll never play again Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 10:00 am

There were some hard games that I can't even remember the names of that I won't be playing again. If there is too much violence and gore, I'm just not into that, so those are ones that I don't return to. Sometimes if I'm at my relative's I'll play without knowing what they want to play.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHavoc
ShadowHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Great game you'll never play again   Great game you'll never play again Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 6:04 pm

This is a tough one for me... I would have to say Final Fantasy 15. It was a great game don't get me wrong. But just doing all the side missions before I even got to the story itself was tiring and rewarding all the same. But the grind to do it. Kinda turned me away from playing it again.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great game you'll never play again   Great game you'll never play again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great game you'll never play again
Page 1 of 1