Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First openly gay prime minister

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

First openly gay prime minister Empty
PostSubject: First openly gay prime minister   First openly gay prime minister Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 4:13 am

Quote :
PARIS -- France saw its youngest-ever prime minister and first openly gay one named Tuesday as President Emmanuel Macron seeks a fresh start for the rest of his term amid growing political pressure from the far right.

Gabriel Attal, 34, rose to prominence as the government spokesperson then education minister and had polled as the most popular minister in the outgoing government.

Read more
----------------------------------------
"Openly" has me wondering how many previous French prime ministers were gay.
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

First openly gay prime minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: First openly gay prime minister   First openly gay prime minister Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 9:09 am

Looking into some statistics.

So far there have been 2 openly LGBT heads of state (San Marino and Latvia) and now 8 heads of government. All of these are in different countries and all in Europe.
France is by far the largest, next is Belgium with only sixth of France's population. In fact France has over twice as many people as all others combined.
Then again, I believe in France prime minister has less power than in any of the others.

At the moment I'm rather hoping Finland will elect gay president in a month. But it's starting to look that he'll finish second for a third time.
Back to top Go down

First openly gay prime minister
Page 1 of 1