Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transgender Floridians

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Transgender Floridians Empty
PostSubject: Transgender Floridians   Transgender Floridians Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 3:47 am

Quote :
Transgender Floridians will no longer be able to change their gender on Florida driver’s licenses, the state’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles said in a memo laying out its policy change.

Kynoch said the current practice for changing gender on state IDs isn’t supported by state statute. Kynoch wrote that the department “can issue a replacement license only when a license or permit is lost or stolen, or when there is a subsequent change in the licensee’s name, address, or restrictions.”

Read more
-----------------------------
A persons gender is not noted on the Florida drivers license, SEX is. Being that in all reality a person cannot change their sex at birth I don't see what all the fuss is about. Do you?

Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Floridians   Transgender Floridians Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 9:44 am

I guess knowing the biological sex of a person is important for auto accidents, the EMS and nurses/doctors need to know, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Beaky
Beaky

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Floridians   Transgender Floridians Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 1:11 pm

Lämmchen wrote:
I guess knowing the biological sex of a person is important for auto accidents, the EMS and nurses/doctors need to know, don't they?

well  obviously for medical  reasons what does a drivers license have to  do  with that? biological sex doesnt matter unless for medical stuff

i read somewhere you need a drivers license to vote in florida?
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Floridians   Transgender Floridians Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transgender Floridians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gabfest :: Politics-
Jump to: