Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children” Empty
PostSubject: IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”   IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children” Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:27 am

The Alabama Supreme Court has declared that embryos created using in-vitro fertilization, or IVF, are people in the eyes of the law, a first-of-its kind ruling that is likely to have far-reaching ripple effects for women and health care providers across the state.

The ruling stems from lawsuits filed by three couples against the Center for Reproductive Medicine, a fertility clinic in Mobile, Alabama. All three underwent IVF treatment at the clinic, which stores the embryos it creates in a freezer at a local hospital.

In December 2020, the plaintiffs allege a patient at the hospital wandered into the fertility clinic through an unlocked door, opened the freezer where the embryos were being preserved, and removed them. According to the ruling, “The subzero temperatures at which the embryos had been stored freeze-burned the patient’s hand, causing the patient to drop the embryos on the floor, killing them.”

Read more

Do you agree or disagree that embryos created using in-vitro fertilization, or IVF, are people? (Why/Why Not)
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”   IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children” Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:29 am

Yes. I think they now went to heaven. I would never have done in vitro myself for this reason and I find it very weird that they did, because there's a big chance some die when you put em in. Say you put 3 in and then 2 die, the other one can have a life long trauma. I don't care one bit about these embryo's though, so on one hand yes I see them as human, but on the other hand, say some people do this, for instance Amber Heard, she had that and then she says: I don't want anymore kids. Destroy em. They say: no because they're human and they won't but hypothetically say they would say that you may save these kids by implanting them in yourself. Bye. I don't care. Not my responsibility.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”   IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children” Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:48 pm

Whatever idiot was in charge of the freezer and access to it should be charged with criminal negligence, and the patient should face felony damage to property.

Two other thoughts.

One: the frozen fertilized eggs are not a viable human being in any way shape or form, and needs extraordinary medical intervention to even have a chance of becoming one.

Two:
If a fertilized egg is a person.

Then what does that do to the abortion debate?

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”   IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children” Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 3:53 am

Somebody call Child Protection Services about the freezing conditions these children are forced to live in!

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”   IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children” Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IVF Embryos Are “Extrauterine Children”
Page 1 of 1