Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Do You Deal With Fake People?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
InMyOpinion
InMyOpinion

How Do You Deal With Fake People?  Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Deal With Fake People?    How Do You Deal With Fake People?  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 1:39 pm

I'm a very upfront person so when people try to be fake with me I tend to call them out or I just ignore them not talking to them again.

I currently have a landlord who I live with who is EXTREMELY fake and it's very annoying. Lately I've been living at my boyfriends house out of town because it got to a point where even my boyfriend felt uncomfortable with me living there.

My landlord is the type of person who likes to control things and people and he will also try to tell you who you are and what kind of person you are and if you don't agree he gets petty.

For example, when I first moved in I was single and he was trying to convince me that I am a non-monogamous person who is poly-amorous he also tried to tell his cousin the same thing and then was trying to pressure us to 'be true to ourselves'.

What really frustrates me is he will try to pretend to 'care' and ask me how I'm doing (he knows I have health issues and have been in and out of the hospital for a few years now) but I can tell he isn't sincere because when I have been at the house to grab a bag he completely ignores me or becomes very passive aggressive.

Anyways, my way of dealing with my landlord is to avoid him while also calling him on his shit. What do you do when you are confronted with people who are being fake or pretend to care when it is obvious they don't?

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Deal With Fake People?    How Do You Deal With Fake People?  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 3:18 am

Cross question them, make them uncomfortable and make them realize that I know the truth.

Or I can opt to stay away from them. Why be around fake people and waste my energy and time. Let the fakes be amongst themselves and live a make belief life. When they speak with me (even after they realize my disinterest) I admire their fakeness in silence.

Depends on my mood as to which option I choose.

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Deal With Fake People?    How Do You Deal With Fake People?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 8:51 am

The only time I met people who I wouldn't call fake, but they were faking interest was in America. We hung out with a couple, went out to eat and had a great time and they said that they wanted to come to the Netherlands, so we said: oh you can come stay with us then. Oh how nice and all that. So once home we waited and waited. Ex contacted them. No reply. We were so puzzled. And later I found out that LOL they were just being polite.
A British comedian said: In America you don't know if the waitress likes you or if she's just being friendly, but in Holland you know for sure that she hates you.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Deal With Fake People?    How Do You Deal With Fake People?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do You Deal With Fake People?
Page 1 of 1