Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Illegal immigrants & debit cards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Illegal immigrants & debit cards Empty
PostSubject: Illegal immigrants & debit cards   Illegal immigrants & debit cards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 3:34 am

Quote :
Officials in New York City have begun giving out prepaid debit cards to migrant families residing in the Big Apple.

The first batch of debit cards, which are reportedly meant to be used by the illegal immigrants to purchase food and baby supplies, were handed out Monday to a handful of migrant families in the city, New York City Mayor Eric Adams' office confirmed to Fox News Digital.

The effort is part of a reported $53 million pilot program to hand out prepaid credit cards to migrant families housed in hotels despite public outcry.

Continue reading

This is exactly why they come. Free money, school, health care, housing and a whole lot more we taxpayers are supporting. What other countries do this? Evil or Very Mad

Your thoughts about giving them prepaid debit cards?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

Illegal immigrants & debit cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants & debit cards   Illegal immigrants & debit cards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 am

They do that here too. Hotels, holiday parks, govt money.
It's very hard to get a house. I live with 3 kids in a 1 bedroom and they give the cheap big fatzo houses to immigrants, who do not always want them.
Sometimes I think they do it on purpose to set 2 groups up against each other. If you question it you're a filthy racist.

A Congolese woman with five children, who repeatedly rejected an offer of housing last year and therefore became homeless, is currently staying in a hotel in Haarlem. At the beginning of this year, she had to leave the asylum seeker center in Katwijk after, despite repeated warnings from the COA (Central Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers), she refused an offered home because, in her opinion, it was 'too small'. She now regrets her decision.
The woman had lived in the asylum seeker center for twelve years and had just given birth to twins when she was offered a home in Haarlem in September of last year. This house had four bedrooms, but according to the woman it did not meet her requirements. Despite repeated warnings from the COA, the woman continued to reject the home. This led to summary proceedings against her, in which, to the surprise of the COA, no lawyer was called in. After losing the summary proceedings, the woman had to leave the asylum seeker center as of mid-January.

The woman is now staying in a hotel, the costs of which will be reimbursed by the municipality for the time being. The woman's lawyer tells Omroep West that she regrets her choice: 'I have the feeling that my client never fully understood the consequences of her refusal when she rejected the home that was allocated to her. I don't think she knew she was actually going to be homeless. She now understands that it was a very stupid mistake to refuse the house, but that does not suddenly take us back to the past and the choice cannot be made again.'
Back to top Go down

Illegal immigrants & debit cards
Page 1 of 1