Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized Empty
PostSubject: Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized   Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 4:08 am

Article-->Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized over mental illness after psychiatrist said it will 'never' get any better

What are your thoughts about this?
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized   Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 6:24 am

This makes me sad for her that she can't have any hope for the future at all. Sad I think back to some gloomy times in my life and then I'm grateful that I made it through and could experiences some true joys. She is being told it's okay to give up, and that's telling her she has no value as a human being.

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized   Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 am

Jazzy wrote:
Article-->Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized over mental illness after psychiatrist said it will 'never' get any better

What are your thoughts about this?
Insane. It's often in the news.
This one isn't in a Dutch Newspaper now. It was only in 2017.
My dad was sick, but he still had 2 years to live. My brother took him to the hospital. So what do you want? What do you mean what do I want? Do you still want him to get food or are we just gonna let him die? He said that at least 20 times they had asked him if he was sure that he didn't want euthanasia and my mom, a doctor kept irritatingly pushing her to kill him. Yeah its also a lot of work for us eh. She's 88. The 2nd time my sister who is a doc joined to shut them up, so they would leave my mom alone.

Jazzy and Lämmchen like this post

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized   Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 4:34 am

This is why I'll never get behind PAS/euthanasia except for people who are in hospice or have an objectively limited amount of time remaining due to a painful organic illness.

You can't tell mentally-ill kids that suicide is never the answer, while at the same time telling mentally-ill adults that suicide could be your answer.

You absolutely have the right to do what you want with your own body, and that's a philosophy I generally stick to. But that doesn't mean you have the right to help from medical professionals to achieve whatever goal you have.

Lämmchen and Messy like this post

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized   Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dutch woman, 28, to be euthanized
Page 1 of 1