Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scariest book you've read?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

Scariest book you've read? Empty
PostSubject: Scariest book you've read?   Scariest book you've read? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 7:15 am

What's the scariest book you've read?
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: Scariest book you've read?   Scariest book you've read? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 11:01 am

I haven't read much horror and even that mostly as short stories.
Pretty much only full length horror books are Frankenstein and Hideaway by Dean Koontz.

To be fair, Frankenstein is much more impressive and scary than any movie version.
Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: Scariest book you've read?   Scariest book you've read? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 2:48 pm

I might add that I've read some amount of horror comics/graphic novels and couple examples particularly come to mind of those.

Firstly there's the original Crow comic the Brandon Lee cult classic movie is based. The movie does have sting here and there, but I've never again taken it as seriously after reading to comic. Because it's another level up, I'm tempted to call it most pain put down on paper I have seen. (Coming from author's real life trauma.)

But if Crow is disturbing and probably very unhealthy read for anyone with mental problems, there's another work that haunts me worse, years after I read it. It's a thing I choose not to read again, I remember it better than I'd like to.
That was A Sickness in the Family by Denise Mina.
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Scariest book you've read?   Scariest book you've read? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 am

Just finished reading Stephen King's IT and it was pretty creepy, especially since half of the book is told through the scope of 11 year old kids.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest book you've read?   Scariest book you've read? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scariest book you've read?
Page 1 of 1