Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Title IX

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Title IX Empty
PostSubject: Title IX   Title IX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 am

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Thursday his state “will not comply” with recently unveiled changes to Title IX by the Biden administration.

“Florida rejects [President Biden’s] attempt to rewrite Title IX,” DeSantis said in a video posted to the social platform X. “We will not comply, and we will fight back.”

“We are not gonna let Joe Biden try to inject men into women’s activities,” DeSantis continued. “We are not gonna let Joe Biden undermine the rights of parents, and we are not gonna let Joe Biden abuse his constitutional authority to try to impose these policies on us here in Florida.”[/quote[

Full article

Am I the only one that has noted how each State has begun to openly defy and ignore Federal laws, and each has begun to act almost as independent nations, establishing their own laws (counter to Federal Laws)?

What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Title IX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title IX   Title IX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am

Jazzy wrote:
Am I the only one that has noted how each State has begun to openly defy and ignore Federal laws, and each has begun to act almost as independent nations, establishing their own laws (counter to Federal Laws)?

What are your thoughts on this?

I knew this a long time ago. Back in the day, I had an RV, a 33' motorhome. And I toured the nation and crossing borders, each state felt different. Highways were taken care of a little differently, speed limits were different. Sales tax was different. There were many things, small, but many that made each state different. Just like being their own country. Each state had their police force and guard that acted like their own military, and no other state could govern over each other. California was the only state that had a border crossing where they stopped you. They called it an agricultural stop.

In Indiana, marijuana is illegal, but next-door Illinois and also Michigan you can buy it openly. But don't bring it into Indiana and get caught.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

Title IX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title IX   Title IX Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

Quote :
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/

Sponsored content

Title IX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title IX   Title IX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Title IX
Page 1 of 1