Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Single-sex toilets in England

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Single-sex toilets in England Empty
PostSubject: Single-sex toilets in England   Single-sex toilets in England Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 4:15 am

Quote :
New restaurants, offices and hospitals in England will be required to have separate male and female toilets, in a move ministers say will combat growing concerns about “privacy and dignity” in gender-neutral facilities.

The law will mean newly built non-residential buildings require separate facilities, and cannot solely have “universal” lavatories.

According to ministers, 81% agreed with the intention for separate single-sex toilet facilities in a consultation on the proposals, while 82% also agreed with the intention to provide “universal” toilets – a self-contained, and a fully enclosed toilet room with a wash hand basin for individual use – where space allows.

The government said the new requirements will mean people of all genders have access to facilities, either through a separate single-sex space or a “universal” toilet.

More

I don’t get it, why would you build a bathroom that can only be used for sex one time?
Back to top Go down
Lämmchen
Lämmchen

PostSubject: Re: Single-sex toilets in England   Single-sex toilets in England Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 6:55 am

If each toilet is in a separate room with the sink, then I don't care who gets to use it. But when there are stalls, and in the US those stalls have gaps, you can bet I don't want to use it when anyone at all is in there. I've always hated those.
Back to top Go down
Beaky
Beaky

PostSubject: Re: Single-sex toilets in England   Single-sex toilets in England Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:10 am

Lämmchen wrote:
If each toilet is in a separate room with the sink, then I don't care who gets to use it. But when there are stalls, and in the US those stalls have gaps, you can bet I don't want to use it when anyone at all is in there. I've always hated those.

in the uk the stalls have a full door with a lock

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Single-sex toilets in England   Single-sex toilets in England Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 1:45 am

At the office we have one with 2 toilets. One for men. One for women. Locked, no gaps. Still it's weird if you meet your male colleague there. One guy was almost gonna say sorry when he saw me LOL. Women have always used the men's bathroom if the one for women had a huge row, but men are taught that they're a super bozo if they dare set foot in one for women.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Single-sex toilets in England
Page 1 of 1