Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does praying work?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Does praying work? Empty
PostSubject: Does praying work?   Does praying work? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 4:49 am

If yes, how?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

Does praying work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does praying work?   Does praying work? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 9:33 am

Yes. You first have to ask God to forgive your sins and then you come into a relationship with Him and can ask whatever as long as it's not selfish,like give me a Mercedes, cause that's bad, but if you don't believe God exists you can ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Or what I did as a teen who was quite selfish, it's not prayer and in church they said it was bad, but my mom hardly spoke about God and my dad was atheist and told me God was nonsense, so I just checked it out and said stuff like: if I don't get an A+ for German I don't believe in God anymore and everything I asked, or actually it was more blackmailing, for happened for a whole year and I asked for something almost every day. Only one thing didn't get answered. A guy wanted to dance in a disco and I was shy and said if he doesnt immediately leave I dont believe in God anymore and he didnt immediately move it, but later he did. I had to say no though which I hated. But for the rest everything. One thing was really bad. I was too lazy to learn French and we had an exam thing and I said: if she isnt sick I dont believe in God anymore and she was sick and I felt so guilty, but luckily it was just a cold or she was fed up with us. She just didnt come that day. The last thing was that I played tennis and I played lousy. I was 14. That girl was way better. I said: If I dont win I wont believe in God anymore and all of a sudden I won and sorry girl but then I was just so flabbergasted. I didn't doubt anymore that it was all just a coincidence. I was convinced that God existed. Then I promised Him I would go to a church, but churches were ultimately boring, had been there once or twice with a wedding from family members, so I didn't do that. At the same time my brother saw Jesus when he did Zen buddhism and then he went to a lot of churches, reformed, catholic, whatever and it was all boring, but a pentecostal church was fun and he took me there. It was actually also boring, but the youth group was fun. After a few months it dawned on me that I had to ask God to forgive my sins and come into my heart. I just did that, prayed a sinners prayer written in the back of a tiny Bible and I don't think I was even very sorry or saw stuff as sin. I just prayed that. I had friends and we gossipped about each other and I couldnt stand them because they rather hung out together than with me. First thing that changed after that prayer was that I could hug them. I also didn't pray selfish stuff anymore nor for an A or whatever. Instead I prayed that people would be healed and stuff like that. My aunt in Australia had brain cancer. My dad told me that it had become really bad and she didnt recognize her kids anymore. In that time I went to a church that had a prayer basket and you could throw a memo in with a name and we prayed for it with the whole church. So I wrote her name on a memo and threw it in the basket and we prayed for everything. Next day she called my mother that God had done a miracle. Things like that happened a lot. My ex's dad was full of cancer. Doctors had made a pic and then after we prayed it was all gone and they said: Your God has done a miracle. My dad saw all this. That was funny. He went to their neighbour who was sick and said that they should go to a healing meeting where he had gone with another aunt who got healed there and they said: We don't believe in God. He said: Me neither, but I saw some awesome stuff happening there.
Back to top Go down

Does praying work?
Page 1 of 1