Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scared of fireworks?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Scared of fireworks? Empty
PostSubject: Scared of fireworks?   Scared of fireworks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 4:07 am

Are your pets scared of fireworks?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

Scared of fireworks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scared of fireworks?   Scared of fireworks? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 1:56 pm

I had the greatest dog ever, but she was scared of fireworks and thunder, just about any loud noise. She was a rescue, and I don't know what traumatized her before I got her. Eventually she broke out of it and became my favorite pet of all time, but she never got over being scared of loud noises.

I got a cat, rescued her from a farm. She was fun and playful and not scared of loud noises until my dog taught her to be scared. So, they both would run and hide under the bed. Lady, my dog eventually died.

I got another dog, a vicious Papillon. Got the thing as a puppy and it was playful but very demanding. The cat tolerated the dog, but they got along. It wasn't scared of loud noises but eventually, the cat taught the dog to be scared of fireworks and thunder and every Fourth of July and New Years they were under the bed together.

Interesting how fears and reactions can be taught.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Scared of fireworks?
Page 1 of 1