Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did you lose weight?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

How did you lose weight? Empty
PostSubject: How did you lose weight?   How did you lose weight? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 3:32 am

And how much weight did you lose?
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: How did you lose weight?   How did you lose weight? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 4:19 am

By being young and eating almost nothing for a week or so or constant cause busy with the kids, walking and biking a lot with them. After giving birth I was thinner than before I got kids. My max was 74 kilo on the day I gave birth to the first. Was gone in no time. But now my goodness, they always said it was harder over 50 and I didn't believe it. Bike, walk, eat little, cottage cheese loads. In 10 months I lost 1 kilo. Oh lol I saw a stupid advert on facebook about weight loss for older women. Yes! It's amazing! One woman: Good for you! I gained 2 kilo when I ate the gummies LOL.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kaunisto
Kaunisto

PostSubject: Re: How did you lose weight?   How did you lose weight? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 8:10 am

At around 22 I was at top weight ever (10% more than now) and at that point got worried about gaining weight pretty fast.

I basically dropped one of three daily meals to eat couple snacks instead to turn the direction.

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: How did you lose weight?   How did you lose weight? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 11:37 am

It was a lifestyle change. I started eating more meals but smaller and healthier. I ate 6 to 7 times daily which then made it that I was never hungry or craving food. I was religiously working out, cycling mostly but when I couldn't bike ride, I would go to the gym. I never really went on a diet or stopped eating any certain food, I would just eat less of it at one sitting. After a while I didn't crave sugars and soft drinks.

After that, I started reading labels and eliminating processed foods and all the added chemicals. But I had already lost the weight and now I was trying to get healthy.

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: How did you lose weight?   How did you lose weight? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 12:49 pm

I retired from a high stress job with weird hours while being on call....

I define "high stress" by one phone call. The Lieutenant Governor of the state had his secretary call my personal line, and then she put him on the phone, and he proceeded to yell at me because he couldn't do something he needed to do, which was state business, but wasn't anything I could personally do anything about, except say, "yes, sir, Verizon and AT&T are working on it".

... I lost about 20 pounds almost immediately, and since then my weight has stabilized around 35 pounds lighter than I was when I walked out the last time and turned in my ID badge 11 years ago.

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you lose weight?   How did you lose weight? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you lose weight?
Page 1 of 1