Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Personal effects on desk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Personal effects on desk Empty
PostSubject: Personal effects on desk   Personal effects on desk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 4:34 am

If you work in an office, what sorts of personal items do you have on your desk?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Personal effects on desk   Personal effects on desk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 12:05 pm

I worked in an office, and I don't remember having anything personal on my desk. I had diplomas and certifications on my wall but that is about all. I did have personal reference books and I guess my tablet was personal. I had a company laptop, but I also carried my tablet for my personal emails and such. I always kept company and personal stuff separate.

DrLeftover likes this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: Personal effects on desk   Personal effects on desk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 12:59 pm

That.

I had SOME personal stuff that I'd use for work, but it mostly consisted of a tool box that I used when somebody asked me to move or install something.

Everything else that I thought of as "mine" was stuff issued to me by the state to use for the job.

Yes, I had MY coffee cup, and stuff like that. But no family pictures and vacation junk like some had all over their office or cube.

I remember one lady boss had so many pictures of kids and grandkids ... and cats... that it made you uncomfortable to go into her office because of so many people looking at you.
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Personal effects on desk   Personal effects on desk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 4:17 pm

That's ages ago. You may not have anything on a desk and it's not your desk. The new working, flexible work spaces.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal effects on desk   Personal effects on desk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal effects on desk
Page 1 of 1