Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

“A friend to all is a friend to none.”

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

“A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Empty
PostSubject: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”    “A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 4:23 am

Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Back to top Go down
Pluviophile
Pluviophile

PostSubject: Re: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”    “A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2024 1:20 am

Aristotle is right. If you have many friends, you can't be best friend to all of them. It's just not possible. It's better to have one good friend rather than 10 "friends".

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”    “A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2024 4:39 am

Unless you're put in difficult situations with friendships you do not truly understand what it means. What if your friend is friendly to all and in particular one person who has hurt you, would you be ok with that? Won't it hurt you that your friend hasn't picked your side especially if you're right? What's the point of such a useless friend who is not able to say wrong is wrong and stand up for you?
Back to top Go down
Pluviophile
Pluviophile

PostSubject: Re: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”    “A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2024 8:19 am

Jazzy wrote:
Unless you're put in difficult situations with friendships you do not truly understand what it means. What if your friend is friendly to all and in particular one person who has hurt you, would you be ok with that? Won't it hurt you that your friend hasn't picked your side especially if you're right? What's the point of such a useless friend who is not able to say wrong is wrong and stand up for you?

I live a Stoic life and I don't expect people to stand for me. I stand on my own and defend myself. I can't control outside events but what I can control, I will do to my best. So what? He didn't pick my side. No problem for me.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”    “A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2024 6:06 am

You can be "friendly" without being a friend.

Some people don't understand the difference.
Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “A friend to all is a friend to none.”    “A friend to all is a friend to none.”  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

“A friend to all is a friend to none.”
Page 1 of 1