Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toilet paper ‘panic buying’

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Empty
PostSubject: Toilet paper ‘panic buying’   Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2024 4:03 am

Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ has been reported in parts of the country, as Americans fear the impact of the ongoing port strike.

Roughly 45,000 members of the International Longshoremen’s Association walked out on Tuesday morning after their contract with the ports expired. News that the strike could impact 36 ports appears to have led some consumers to buy rolls upon rolls of toilet paper in a panic, with shoppers posting pictures of their local stores with empty shelves.

Social media users in New Jersey, Colorado, Virginia and other states reported shelves cleaned out of toilet paper.
-----------------------------
Are you seeing a Toilet paper shortage in your area?
Back to top Go down
Vince
Vince

PostSubject: Re: Toilet paper ‘panic buying’   Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2024 10:00 am

I have not noticed. Since I have several bathrooms, I always have to buy enough to have extra rolls for backup in each one. It's not time for me to stock up. However, it's not that crucial for me, I have a bidet.
Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: Toilet paper ‘panic buying’   Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2024 11:21 am

Reminds me of the early days of Covid, everybody ran out and bought extra toilet paper....

..... to stock up for a respiratory virus.

In this case, toilet paper is made in the USA, and is not subject to import delays.

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Toilet paper ‘panic buying’   Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2024 3:54 am

No shortage where I'm located.
Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Toilet paper ‘panic buying’   Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2024 4:02 am

Again? Haven't noticed anything.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toilet paper ‘panic buying’   Toilet paper ‘panic buying’ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toilet paper ‘panic buying’
Page 1 of 1