Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Google Stadia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 4:53 am

Quote :
After a three-year struggle, Google has decided to wind down the operations of Stadia, its video game streaming service.

The consumer gaming outlet launched in the fall of 2019 amid fanfare, but its VP and GM, Phil Harrison, conceded in a blog post that “it hasn’t gained the traction with users that we expected.”

Google overall remains a stakeholder in gaming, Harrison argued, though primarily as an enabler of game players and creators via YouTube and Google Play. The exec thanked “the dedicated Stadia players that have been with us from the start.” He said the company will refund all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store, and all game and add-on content purchases made through the Stadia store.

Read more
----------------------------
Anyone use Stadia?
Back to top Go down
TechWiz18
TechWiz18

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 7:01 am

I saw this article this morning, I'm not exactly surprised. Google has quite the history of launching new services and then abandoning them like this.

In my opinion they didn't go about this well, it could have been so much better.
Back to top Go down
Henrywrites
Henrywrites

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 8:50 am

TechWiz18 wrote:
I saw this article this morning, I'm not exactly surprised. Google has quite the history of launching new services and then abandoning them like this.

In my opinion they didn't go about this well, it could have been so much better.

There is a possibility that they don't have the strong hands to handle some of these projects. Stadia would have done well in terms of ensuring that they compete, but that was not the case at the end.
Back to top Go down
Beaky
Beaky

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2022 8:25 am

saw this coming iv used it a few times shame it didnt take off that much pretty decent for those that dont have a console or have a high end pc xbox cloud gaming will be the future of things like this unless amazon luna takes of when it finally releases
Back to top Go down
TechWiz18
TechWiz18

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2022 9:16 pm

Henrywrites wrote:
TechWiz18 wrote:

There is a possibility that they don't have the strong hands to handle some of these projects. Stadia would have done well in terms of ensuring that they compete, but that was not the case at the end.

I don't know how much I believe this. It's Google they can get the people they need. The service itself was actually quite good. If you're not aware Google has quite the history of doing the same thing with anything people like.

I think Stadias downfall was that people have lost trust that Google will keep a service that requires people to invest into it since they've shutdown so many free services that people invested their time into.
Back to top Go down
Beaky
Beaky

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 7:14 am

TechWiz18 wrote:
Henrywrites wrote:
TechWiz18 wrote:

I don't know how much I believe this. It's Google they can get the people they need. The service itself was actually quite good. If you're not aware Google has quite the history of doing the same thing with anything people like.

I think Stadias downfall was that people have lost trust that Google will keep a service that requires people to invest into it since they've shutdown so many free services that people invested their time into.

i believe it could have something to do with the catalogue of games... there wasnt nearly enough AAA games to keep people interested outside of ubisoft+
Back to top Go down
TechWiz18
TechWiz18

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 9:24 am

Beaky wrote:
TechWiz18 wrote:
Henrywrites wrote:
TechWiz18 wrote:

i  believe it could have something to  do  with the catalogue of games... there wasnt nearly enough AAA games to  keep  people interested outside of ubisoft+

This is also true, with that, I think it could have been wise to allow people to connect their Steam libraries to try and bring people over that way.

Beaky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Google Stadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Stadia   Google Stadia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Google Stadia
Page 1 of 1