Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transgender teddy bears

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Transgender teddy bears Empty
PostSubject: Transgender teddy bears   Transgender teddy bears Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 4:34 am

Transgender teddy bears have been used to “indoctrinate” 10-year-old schoolchildren, it has been claimed.

Footage of a class delivered to a primary school in St Albans, Hertfordshire, shows a teacher holding up a picture book titled Introducing a teddy to help explain transgender issues.

In the session for Year 6 pupils, a video of which has been seen by the Telegraph, the teacher narrates the moment in the picture book that “Thomas the teddy” comes out as a transgender girl.

Read more with video included

Question: Would you have been fine with having this book read to your child? (Why or Why Not)
Back to top Go down
Heritage
Heritage

Transgender teddy bears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender teddy bears   Transgender teddy bears Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 10:31 am

Teddy bears may be a convenient medium as they're androgynous. Good thinking, actually. If I was 11, though, I'd have a few questions. "How can a boy be a girl?" would be a start

And, no, I wouldn't be fine. If the narrative is "let them decisde for themselves...", then let them. How does this help one to "decide for themselves", especially as mom and dad are being excluded from that conversation more and more?
Back to top Go down

Transgender teddy bears
Page 1 of 1