Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy National Donut Day!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vince
Vince

Happy National Donut Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy National Donut Day!   Happy National Donut Day! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 12:04 pm

Doughnut fans rejoice, a day recognizing the classic sweet treat is right around the corner and plenty of restaurants are offering discounts and freebies to mark the occasion.

National Doughnut Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday in June, which falls on June 7 this year. It was created around 86 years ago by the Salvation Army to commemorate their "Donut Lassies." This group of women volunteered with the Salvation Army in 1917, going to France to care for wounded soldiers. They helped boost the troops' morale by making doughnuts.

Did anyone get a free donut?

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Happy National Donut Day!   Happy National Donut Day! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 4:49 pm

No I don't think that's a thing here. I never knew. June 7 is my mom's birthday. She's 3 years older. She's 89 now.

Jazzy and Vince like this post

Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Happy National Donut Day!   Happy National Donut Day! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 3:51 am

No free doughnut for me. I didn't know anything about this.
Back to top Go down
otis booard
otis booard

PostSubject: Re: Happy National Donut Day!   Happy National Donut Day! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 3:53 am

always a special day for me, it's when i qualified as a further education teacher

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy National Donut Day!   Happy National Donut Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy National Donut Day!
Page 1 of 1