Gabfest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabfest

Gabfest is a fun and friendly general discussion community.

HomeHome  TriviaTrivia  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy

Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa Empty
PostSubject: Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa   Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 3:48 am

Target’s range of inclusive Christmas products, including its “Pride Christmas Nutcracker” and Santa Claus figurines in wheelchairs while Black, have ignited a debate from the right.

Read more
-----------------------------------
Do you think that these products have gone “way too far”? (Why/Why Not)
Back to top Go down
Heritage
Heritage

PostSubject: Re: Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa   Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 9:41 am

No, it doesn't. Let 'em have at it. Activists "reach" all the time. Sometimes their points are quite valid. Sometimes just silly. Target isn't beholden to anyone's moral "compass" but their own. Pride nutcracker? Fine. I won't buy it. The Santa? What if someone's disabled black friend was feeling quite low around the holidays? I'd be buying him one. I happen to think it's a great idea

Messy likes this post

Back to top Go down
DrLeftover
DrLeftover

PostSubject: Re: Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa   Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 6:20 pm

Let me see.

The "Nutcracker" is a German kitchen utensil that comes to life and fights then dances ballet with anthropomorphic mice and assorted magical beings.

"Gay"? why not?

A "black disabled Santa". Given that Santa Claus is a commercial interpretation of assorted semi-mythical beings and at least one Saint, one of which was a Turk, who happens to be the patron of pawnbrokers and brewers....

Again: why not?

Those who are offended by such things need to think about the reason the holiday exists to begin with.... namely the Feast of Saturn.

Back to top Go down
http://themediadesk.com/
Messy
Messy

PostSubject: Re: Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa   Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 2:14 pm

DrLeftover wrote:
Let me see.

The "Nutcracker" is a German kitchen utensil that comes to life and fights then dances ballet with anthropomorphic mice and assorted magical beings.

Oh I just wanted to ask: What on earth is a nutcracker? It sounds so funny like it's name calling. They sell those things here too now, but you can't even crack a nut with em.
Original Saint Nick is indeed from Turkey. This is the real one:
https://youtu.be/PvqARK5b3lo
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa   Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gay Nutcracker and Black Disabled Santa
Page 1 of 1